People are usually happy to sponsor for a cause which really matters. Whether you’re abseiling down the Empire State Building or organising a charity cake sale, turn your fundraiser into a top-notch cash generator with our top tips:
* Use an online fundraising page such as JustGiving. These sites do the hard work for you, sending the donations to Aegis and automatically claiming Gift Aid on donations – that’s an extra 25% at no extra cost to you or your supporters! Make your page look personal, with lots of pictures and explanations of what you’re doing and why.
* Share your fundraising page on Twitter and Facebook, or set up a blog or website. Keep it up-to-date and send out emails on your progress, along with pictures of the event once it’s happened.
* Tell everyone – and we mean EVERYONE – what you’re up to and why. Ask your local paper to run a story on your event, and link it to your fundraising page. Try getting sponsored by a local business.
* Keep asking for donations, even when the event is over. Get in touch with the people you missed before the event, show them pictures and describe what you did – you can guarantee they’ll love to bump up your total by a few more pounds.
* The worst people can say is ‘no’! Ask everyone you can think of to support your fundraising efforts. The personal approach works best. Remember to tell people why you’re fundraising as well as how. And always remember to thank your sponsors for their generosity
* Get in touch with us! Simply drop a line to email@example.com. Our experienced fundraising team can offer advice and additional support to help you make the most of your activity.